The Document Connexion (Pty) Ltd is a full service document storage and document management company, offering a turnkey solution to meet all information management needs of business. Our services range from scanning paper-based documents into searchable PDF documents, to destruction (shredding) of paper-based documents that are past their required retention period times, through to document and data storage, and consulting services.
The ideal solution for any business looking for an extension to their office!
Our custom document management solutions fit into the main categories listed below and located under our Services section.
WHY DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT?
Information is at the core of every business, but the challenge for most businesses is establishing how to access the information so that they can use it, and how to keep up with the rapid changes in technology.
A common issue is that information is normally buried in multiple libraries, databases, boxes, filing cabinets, drawers, etc. Another issue businesses is faced with is … electronic (digital) documents and data is fast becoming the new norm, with a growing need for the protection of information and compliance thereof. The evolution of digital transformation, labelled as the 4th industrial revolution (4IR), is disrupting businesses around the world.
It’s important to realize that information needs to be accessible and relevant at all times, regardless of whether it’s current or historical data. This is where The Document Connexion makes this happen … we help businesses to digitize their business processes so that their processes are relevant in today’s digital environment.
WHAT'S THE SOLUTION?
Firstly, by converting (scanning) your paper-based documents to electronic (digital) format. The benefit of doing this will:
- enable you to have instant access to your information, all the time,
- your information can be viewed by more than one person at a time,
- it will help you reduce storage costs and space,
- you will have an instant backup of your paper-based documents, and
- you will be protecting the original copy from regular use.
This integrated approach offers a platform for the management, creation and collaboration of information.
We can help you to achieve a paper-less office which will save you space and help you work more efficiently in two ways.
Secondly, once the documents have been converted to electronic (digital) format, these electronic files can be classified and stored in a central electronic repository, an electronic document management system (EDMS). The benefit of doing this is:
- it enables shared access and automation of your information,
- you will always have access to the most up-to-date (latest) information,
- no misfiling … it’s easier to find an electronic file than it is to find a paper document that has been misfiled,
- no more duplication of documents and files when proper document classification is applied,
- your information is secure and always backed up, and
- real time, online information on the status of documents and files.